An intensive production
Located on Pluherlin and Malansac, we can cite from west to east, en Pluherlin: La Grée Poutée, Le Pont de l’Eglise, La Vallée, La Croix aux Chênes, Quénelet, Le Pont aux Roux, Le Moulin à Tan. On the other side of theGueuzon Valley, begin the exploits of Malansac: La Ville au Blanc, Le Bois Julien, Guenfol -Union Renaissance-, La Croix Neuf, La Combe aux Biches, Chez Benoît, Bodelio, Le Vaubily.
The account books put the production of the Guenfol quarry at 5.7 million slates in 1861, 18 to 20 million in 1875-1878. By the 1903s, production was down to 12 million slates. The siteswould close in 1911, while others had already been closed since 1891 and 1902. In 1946, an attempt to resume the “blue” quarry at Guenfol abandoned in 1888 and to dewater “Renaissance” ended in failure. In 1970, 4 workers resumed the exploitation of the quarries of the Croix aux Chênes and the Church Bridge,again without success.