Lauzach is a village located between “land and sea ” 10km from the beaches of the Atlantic and Damgan then those of the Presqu’île de Rhuys. Commune of 1,156 inhabitants, in full demographic growth but which has nevertheless kept a pretty rural character! The commune is a member of the Parc Naturel Régional du Golfe du Morbihan.
Numerous monuments of sacred origin dot the countryside and the town: Celtic crosses, St. Michael’s chapel (its polychrome statues, including St. Michael slaying the dragon), the church and fountain of St. Christine, the communal bread oven or the chapel of Notre Dame de la Clarté, which boasts a lavish altarpiece from the 18th century.
Go to the meeting of history, in a decor of bamboo and stylized pagodas that recall Asia, with the Memorial of Indochina and Korea, originally erected in 1995 in memory of Lauzachois who died in Indochina. The Souvenir Français with the municipality, developed the monument in 2001 into a vast memorial dedicated to the 440 Morbihan people who fell in Indochina from 1940 to 1954.
In the middle of nature
In the middle of the campaign
At the edge of the pond
Lauzach combines the discovery of nature with heritage. The development of the Boucles du Guernec hiking trail (9.6 km) allows you to crisscross the countryside on foot or by bike!
In addition, the communal pond offers a peaceful and relaxing setting for a fishing party.
For the past 40 years, the association of La Clarté has been celebrating the 15th of August at the chapel of the same name, on the program: meal with musical entertainment, mass, fireworks and many other animations…
The Indochina & Korea Memorial
The Souvenir Français and the municipality have developed this monument into a large memorial in honor of the 440 children from Morbihan who died for France in Indochina in 2001. A stele was recently added to honor the 9 Morbihanese who fell in Korea. This memorial shows many informative panels on Indochina as well as on the lives of our soldiers that one discovers by following a path in a garden with stylized pagodas and bamboo trees. Remember that this conflict lasted from 1939 to 1954. We deplore nearly 40,000 deaths, 72,000 wounded and 9,000 missing. And in addition, 30,000 prisoners never came back. This memorial is located between the cemetery, rue de l’Ancien Lavoir, and the D140 road that crosses the village.
PartyThe Chapel of Clarity
Every year since 1974, the village of La Clarté has celebrated the Assumption. The festivities, led by the La Clarté Chapel Restoration Committee, bring together over 150 volunteers.